Volvo Workcell Operator
This position is responsible for meeting and exceeding production and quality standards for Volvo components manufactured within this cell.
- Employees must be able to perform multiple operations on components using multiple machines within the workcell. Employees must be physically active to stay on top of operations on all equipment to contribute as a team.
- Must have related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience for each task – End Form, Bender, Robot Weld, Decay Leak Check.
- Must work in close proximity to another employee in a functioning 2 person team.
- Must communicate in a positive manner to ensure that each knows what the other is doing.
- Must anticipate and willingly change focus to another part of workcell when required.
- Must have problem solving skills and know when to ask for help.
- Must have ability to use snap gages to check endform accuracy and bending mylar to check bend angles and lengths.
- Follow all safety requirements for several pieces of equipment in the department and vigilant of the other employee due to the proximity of everything.
- Must maintain accurate counts of all parts and details by manual or tare weight counting.
Additional Requirements for Top Level Pay:
- Must perform minor job change-overs requiring calling up new programs, changing welding and pressure test fixtures as required, May assist Supervisor or Robot Set-up person on Robot.
- Must install correct bend tooling and set pressures when required.
- Must perform minor maintenance on machines such as tightening bolts on tools and fixtures, replacing pressure test seals, and lubrication and/or cleaning as required. Machine PM’s are included as well.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Must have a good work ethic, good attendance and a positive attitude.
- Must exceed production and quality requirements on a consistent basis