Prove Design Welder
The Prove Design Welder is responsible for fabricating and welding prototype or special production pieces to meet customer specifications. This involves knowledge of inspection requirements, advanced machine operation including cutting and forming components on various pieces of equipment used in the manufacturing areas, and exposure to welding requirements when fitting up parts.
- Read customer or engineering drawings to determine best manufacturing method.
- Calculates blank sizes and dimensions from prints.
- Fabricates details using necessary shop equipment or has details made by other departments and fits them up to assembly.
- Builds universal inspection fixtures using proper layout techniques, height gauges, 123 blocks, or other necessary measuring or part locating tools.
- Uses Demler Table when required to hold work in proper locations.
- Tack welds parts in proper position and presents to inspection.
- Performs MIG or TIG welding to prescribed welding requirements.
- Must pass and maintain any weld certifications required..
- Works with Engineering to assist in developing Shop Methods on new work.
- Uses proper fixtures, checks/verifies set-up instructions and routing instructions, obtains first piece, inspects in-process quality, and tracks status when running production.
- Must maintain certification on all welding methods required by CTP or our Customers.
- Must have strong demonstrated mechanical ability and have own tools required for fabrication of components.
- Knowledge of advanced shop math including use of trig functions to lay out angles and lengths and ability to calculate component dimensions.
- Strong blueprint reading skills including welding symbols, xyz dimensions, and GDT.
- Ability to check complex parts to templates or mylars.
- Exposure to quality requirements, writing set-up instructions, or assisting in developing new jobs in production areas.
- Experience in several fabrication areas including bending, forming, brazing, pipefitting, turning, milling, and bandsaw.
- Must pass CTP Math Test and other Math tests as needed.