Process Engineer – Aerofab
A Process Engineer is responsible for creating, documenting, developing, and implementing procedures used to repair, assemble, process, test and/or manufacture of The Company’s products and/or Customer products.
- Ownership of product life cycle from PO receipt from Customer through shipment of product and maintaining follow-on production. This will include Bill of Material creation, tooling development, creating and maintaining processes using routings and operation instructions, providing shop technical support through development and production, providing support to Inspection department, and providing support to various functions including, but not limited to, Sales, Procurement, Inventory Control, and Quality throughout New Product Introduction cycle.
- Ability to communicate both internally and externally with customers to relay technical information and provide program management support.
- Other duties include the design, installation, and debug of tooling and capital equipment.
- Also responsible for following quality systems procedures, as required.
- Process engineers must have a four year engineering degree or equivalent, preferably in a field related to The Company’s products and/or Customer products or production processing needs. Prior experience is strongly preferred but not required. Prefer BS degree in ME or MET.
- Four year college degree in a technical field or equivalent. Experience in product/process development in similar products as repaired by The Company is preferred.
- This position requires knowledge and experience in custom machining environment supporting various markets including Aerospace, Power Generation, and Defense. Ideal candidate will have experience with 5-Axis machining, general machining (3-Axis milling, lathe operations) related to complex machined components and complex fabrications consisting of sheet metal and forged/cast components made from Stainless Steel, Nickel Based Alloys, and Titanium.
- The ideal candidate must have a strong background in machining, blueprint reading, GD&T, and specification interpretation.
- Must possess 3D (Siemens NX, SolidWorks, Inventor) and 2D (AutoCAD) CAD experience
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming, project management, and communication abilities
- Works well individually or in a group setting across various functions
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Successfully presents technical information
- Knowledge of PPAP or other processes related to product introduction
- Knowledge of part configuration using ERP / MRP software
- Knowledge of measurement tools and methods (calipers, micrometers, height gages, dial indicators, CMM, etc.)