Endform Setup Operator I
Endform Setup Operator I employees are responsible for setting up and operating equipment such as Vaill and Triple Stroke Endformers , Air Sizers, and CP roll formers in a proficient and safe manner. Press, Tellesis or Stamper, and trim/deburr setup may be needed at various times.
- Read previously prepared setup sheets and routing package for individual parts. Determines what tooling is needed and where it is located.
- Uses tool handling equipment to safely move heavy tooling or fixtures to machine and follows prescribed setup methods to install dies, fixtures, sizing tools, and clamps in machine. Makes adjustments to flags or stops, hydraulic and air pressures, or motor speeds according to Setup Sheet.
- Gets setup approved prior to running production.
- Operates machine to run production and performs quality inspections as required by the written Quality Procedures. Makes necessary adjustments during production runs to stay in tolerances.
- May use templates, fixtures, surface plate, CMM, calipers, snap gauges, or other inspection tools to measure overall length, roundness, bead size, or other necessary dimensions per blueprint. Watches for presence of kinking, flattening, tube breaks, burrs, and oversize/undersize conditions.
- Complete records of production including scrap or rework reasons.
- Move parts to the subsequent operation with pallet jack.
- Assists Groupleader in writing new or changing existing Setup Sheets. May assist Engineering in developing new processes and trying out new tooling.
- Participate in the corrective action process to prevent defects from recurring.
- Follow procedures consistently to obtain repeatability.
- Participate in team meetings seeking continuous improvements for the operation.
- Must have a demonstrated mechanical aptitude, proficiency in shop math (fractions, decimals, metric), ability to read and follow specific routing instructions, ability to read and understand setup instructions, ability to read blueprints, proficiency in the use of appropriate measuring instruments (tape measure, dial calipers), ability to check quality of parts against templates.
- Must pass the CTP Setup Test.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle production requirements and demonstrated problem solving ability from previous work.
- Must have the ability to stand for 8 hour shift or longer. Able to bend, twist, stoop to remove parts from baskets and lift to work area. Able to load parts into work area and completed baskets without damaging the part. Good hand and eye coordination.
- Must have hand tools necessary to inspect parts and make adjustments to machines